MICROCHANNELLING FACIAL TREATMENT. How does it work.
Microneedles penetrate the skin's surface, triggering a natural immune response to disinfect, remove debris, increase blood flow, and activate the creation of collagen. Which it makes this treatment great for those concerned with acne scars and pigmentation.
- No Retin-A or Retinol products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A microchanneling treatment
- WILL NOT be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the propensity to bleed easily while on, please tell me. If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician prior to each microchanneling appointment.
- If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post-Botox injections before receiving your microchanneling procedure.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
MICROCHANNELING POST CARE
- Preferably, no other products other than the products provided to you should be applied until the following day.
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. Gently pat dry with a clean towel and follow with your aftercare products provided. After 24 hours, you can use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the next 72 hours. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Your skin may feel warm and tight, like a mild sunburn. Moisturize often with the aftercare products provided. You may also apply a cool, damp washcloth as desired.
- It is recommended that makeup and sunscreen not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A mineral-based, chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean. New makeup brushes, or freshly cleansed brushes, are best.
- For your first treatment, you can expect mild redness and swelling and a tight, warm sensation between 4 to 24 hours.
- Return for your follow-up treatment in about a month or as recommended.
- If prolonged irritation occurs, please contact me.
WHAT TO AVOID:
- For at least 3 days post-treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acids, Retin-A, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything else perceived as “active” skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for at least 48 hours. No tanning beds!
- Do not go swimming and avoid hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment; sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.